Congratulations on getting approved for your medical certification. Here's a guide to what you need to do next.
Before you start, have these supporting documents ready:
- An email from the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission confirming that your certification has been accepted
- A debit or credit card
- US issued government ID – such as a state-issued driver’s license, state-issued ID card, passport, or military ID.
- (2) Proof of address, if identification provided is NOT a Maryland driver’s license, MVA ID Card OR does not identify your current address - proof should be dated within 90 days
• MVA registration card or title, or change of address card
• Utility, telephone or cable/satellite TV bill
• Bank account statement
• Property tax bill
• Mortgage statement or proof of home ownership (Deed, Title, Bill of Sale)
• Major credit card bill (Visa, MasterCard, Wal-Mart, Target, etc.)
• Residential rental contract (lease or rental contract between landlord and tenant which includes all signatures).
• Selective Service Card
• Federal, state or local government mail issued by the state of Maryland (ie. Social Security, social services)
• Car insurance policy
• Paystubs (dated within 90 days)
• W-2 statements
• State of Maryland Health Insurance issued documents (ie. Medicaid, Medicare, Maryland Health Connection
- An electronic, hi-res copy of a clear, recent photo of yourself - including your head and shoulders and against a plain, pale background
Getting Your Maryland Medical Marijuana Card
- Once you have been approved by Leafwell physician and provided them with your Maryland patient number, our physician will submit your medical marijuana certification - you do not need to do anything - our physician will provide all supporting documentation on your behalf to the Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission (MMCC).
- MMCC will review your application and the certification provided by Leafwell. They will email you once you have been approved.
- Log back into your existing state account at https://onestop.md.gov/users/sign_in
- Within this account, you can print your temporary MMCC patient ID card. Your physical card, paid for when you first registered, will be mailed to you. Delivery times vary widely at this time. While the state claims to mail within 90 days, some patients wait up to 8 months.
- You can purchase medical cannabis from a licensed Maryland dispensary using your temporary card, with ID, until the physical card arrives.
- When purchasing medical cannabis at a licensed dispensary you will be required to present either your permanent or temporary MMCC ID card. The dispensary agent will verify your certification in the Commission’s database before conducting any transaction.
- You may only purchase and obtain a maximum of a thirty-day supply of medical cannabis at one time.
Important note: A certification that is not used to purchase medical cannabis, at a licensed dispensary in the state of Maryland, within 120 days of issuance becomes null and void.