You will receive an email from the state 60 days before your existing card expires. They will also email you at 45 days, 30 days and 15 days. These emails keep coming, even if you've already submitting your new certificate so just ignore them if you have already completed your Leafwell appointment.
Here's your step by step guide for renewing your Missouri Medical Marijuana Card as a patient and for caregivers
- Log into the registry portal - https://mo-public.mycomplia.com/
- Click “+Create Application”
- From the pop-out of application types, choose either “Patient Renewal” or “Caregiver renewal”.
- From the drop-down menu, click “Patient Renewal” or “Caregiver Renewal”.
- Click “Create Application”
- From there, you will need to select your license number from the “License Number*” drop down.
- Click “Save”.
- This will open the application and allow you to make edits to each page.
- Move through the application by clicking ”Save and Next” at the bottom of each screen.
- Follow the prompts from there to complete and submit the application renewal. You will need to provide your ID and proof of residency again, in addition to the updated authorization form.
Once you have submitted your application:
You will receive a confirmation email with an application reference code/application ID number, which means that your application has been submitted and is in the application queue.
- If you did not, and the application shows as "open" status in the application portal, the application has not been submitted.
- The state department has 30 days to process applications - all applicants will be contacted via email when their application is processed
- Once an application has been approved, patient and caregiver licenses are immediately available to download from the registry portal. The renewed license will have a new expiration date, and will need to be downloaded from the registry portal.
- If applicants have been approved for cultivation, they will receive a separate email with their cultivation authorization license.
Important Notes about approved licenses:
The department will not be mailing physical cards. It is the patient’s/caregiver’s responsibility to print their license.
Also note, if you submit a renewal after your existing card has expired, this will be reactivated once the renewal is approved.