When renewing your Montana Medical Marijuana Card, you need to apply via the TransAction Portal.
The state will email you 30 days before your expiry. At this time you can apply via Leafwell to see a physician and get recertified.
The state recommends that renewal applications be submitted at least 30 days prior to expiration to allow for sufficient review and processing time.
Before you start, have these supporting documents ready:
- Photo of applicant
- The style should be similar to a driver's license or passport photo
- Clear, in colour, neutral background
- From shoulders up, facing the camera
- No hats, face masks, sunglasses
- Taken within the last six months
- Proof of Montana Residency
- Montana driver’s license, Montana state or tribal identification card, voter registration form, Montana hunting or fishing license, etc.
- Your Physician statement from Leafwell (dated within 60 days)
- Minors need approval of two physicians
Renewing Your Montana Medical Marijuana Card
- Renew through the TransAction Portal (TAP)
- Do NOT try using the login found at the top of the page. Instead, simply scroll down to the Cannabis Control Card section and click "Apply for or Manage a New Medical Marijuana Card."
- In the Medical Marijuana Registry section, click "Renew an Existing Card"
- Note: you can request a replacement if your card is lost or damaged here too
- Select either Adult Application or Minor Application
- Complete the application
- Pay the state fee of $20
- You can do this via credit, debit or ACH
- Once submitted, you will gain access to a temporary card which can be printed out - it is not valid in digital form
- Once your application is approved, you will receive your new medical cannabis card from the Montana state in the mail
Note: applications must be submitted within 60 days of the date of your consultation with a Leafwell physician