While your state medical card is valid for 3 years, every year you must:
- re-certify with a Leafwell physician
- submit a patient application
The process for renewing for the second and third year of your card are the same as when you require a new medical card. Here's our walkthrough.
Getting Your New Mexico Medical Marijuana Card
Your Leafwell physician will have passed all required details to the New Mexico Department of Health following your appointment. Within 24 hours you will receive an email from the state. At that time, you can continue with the stateside of the application process.
The following video walks you through the next steps. Click here.
- Log in to your patient portal.
- Complete and submit an official state application.
- After you apply
- The Medical Cannabis Program may take 4-6 weeks from the date a complete application is received at the MCP office to approve or deny the application.
- It is recommended that applications be submitted 45 to 60 days before expiration to avoid problems obtaining or possessing medical cannabis.
1- You have 90 days from the date on your doctor's certificate to complete the state side of the process! The sooner you complete the process, the better!
2- Each state card is valid for 3 years but you must re-certify with a Leafwell physician every year to provide proof that your medical condition still qualifies you as a medical cardholder. You will also be required to complete an annual verification on the state's patient portal to keep the card in good standing.