Congratulations on getting approved for your medical certification.
Per state regulations, you must complete the state side of your application within 90 days.
Here's a guide to what you need to do next.
If you're an existing medical card holder, click here for renewal instructions.
Before you start, have these supporting documents ready:
- A clear (face visible) copy of your current New Mexico Driver’s License or New Mexico photo ID. Temporary New Mexico Driver’s License and photo IDs are acceptable.
Getting Your New Mexico Medical Marijuana Card
Your Leafwell physician will have passed all required details to the New Mexico Department of Health following your appointment. Within 24 hours you will receive an email from the state. At that time, you can continue with the stateside of the application process.
The following video walks you through the next steps. Click here.
- Upon completion, you will be directed to check your email account for an email from the state
- To verify your email and confirm registration, simply click on the blue link found in the email. This action will take you back to the NMDOH patient portal home page.
2. Log in to the patient portal.
3. Complete and submit an official state application.
4. After you apply
- The Medical Cannabis Program may take up to 5 business days from the date a complete application is received at the MCP office to approve or deny the application.
- It is recommended that applications be submitted 45 to 60 days before expiration to avoid problems obtaining or possessing medical cannabis.
1- You have 90 days from the date on your doctor's certificate to complete the state side of the application process! The sooner you complete the process, the better!