Congratulations on getting approved for your medical certification! The doctor will electronically submit your approval details to the state. Here's a guide to what you need to do next.
If you're an existing medical card holder, click here for renewal instructions.
Before you start, have these documents to hand:
- Digital photo of passport quality
- WV driver's license, WV state ID, Passport or Birth Certificate with proof of residency
- Proof of West Virginia residency. Click here to view acceptable documentation
If requesting a waiver of the fee based on financial hardship (income below 200% of the federal poverty level), provide acceptable proof of income, such as W-2, recent pay stubs, proof of benefit eligibility, etc. Please do not send a payment if you are requesting a fee waiver. If the waiver is not granted, you will be notified to submit the fee at that time.
Here's what you need to do after you've been approved by a Leafwell physician:
- Create a new Patient Registration: https://wv-public.mycomplia.com/#!/signin
- In the upper right corner of the screen, click on Register to create an account.
Once you have entered the registration information and submitted, you will receive an
email from Complia with a link to verify your account.
Once your account has been verified, log into Complia and create an Application for a
New Patient Registration.
- Complete the application.
- When you come to the Physician/Condition Information tab, it is required to choose “Online – Electronic Certification”
- You will then need to click on the “View Available Certifications” green button.
- Upon completion of the application, including uploading all documents, click Submit. A confirmation screen will appear with the Application ID number.
- Mail payment (check or money order payable to WV DHHR) to: WV Office of Medical Cannabis, 350 Capitol Street, Room 523, Charleston, WV 25301. The Application ID number and patient name must be in the memo line of the check or money order.
- You will be notified via email of the status of your application within 30-60 days.
- Please allow at least 30 days from receipt of your application and payment in our office before checking the status of your application.
If your application is denied, you will be informed of the reason. If your application needs a correction, it will be rejected and sent back to you to correct and resubmit. You will not need to create and submit a new application. If your application is approved, your WV Medical Cannabis patient card will be issued.